Tired of going through the same motions every morning, day after day? Everyone needs a little encouragement getting up. I know I had a hard time getting up for class. So here are a couple simple steps I found to start the day on the right side of the bed!
- The early bird catches the worm! It’s true! Waking up early gives your body more time to fully wake up. Set your alarm for at least 15 minutes earlier than usual.
- Drink a glass of water once you wake up. You will feel more energized and hydrated throughout the day.
- Stretch. Once you stand up from bed, do some side bends and touch your toes. It’ll get your blood running for the day to come.
- Make your bed. I know your mom always nagged you about it, she sure nagged me. The reason for this is that a made bed helps prevent stress when coming home from a long day. Don’t let “well I’m just going to get back into it” be an excuse!:)
- Splash cold water on your face. This will stimulate a small amount of adrenaline and help wake you up even more.
- Finally, eat a balanced breakfast. Yes, you’ve heard this everywhere. Breakfast is the most important meal. It’s what gets your energy started to get you through the day. So don’t skip it! My breakfast consists of cereal adn a banana/apple.
Next time you fall into a bad routine, come back and remind yourself of the small things you can do in order to wake up fresh and ready!